Thursday, January 31, 2019

Winter Capsule Wardrobe.. Part 3

3. Bottoms

Next one we shall talk about the bottoms - jeans, leggings and a whole lot of different colours for it. I wasn't a jean-mom but now I live in them. I used to wear those smart pants since I was a working a mom. So I only have few jeans which my close ones usually laugh at me for.

Ever since we come here, I have bought more than I need. I didn't buy the expensive ones because I know that I will live in them - send the kids to school, pick them up from school, having breakfast out by myself or with some of the friends here and my ridiculous window shopping "exercise" are basically my routine these days. You probably want this life now. I'm enjoying it while it last but sometimes I feel so unproductive. Is that even the correct word to describe it?

The basic skinny jeans from H&M (here) and also, Uniqlo leggings (here) are my daily wear - dark blue, denim blue, mid blue, light blue, black, grey, brown, pink and white (my fav!). As you can already tell, I have them in more than one type. I wash them quite often so I see some of them have already some wear on it.

And recently, I have been thinking to whether buy an investment piece - this would include from Levi's, Topshop (which is a favorite for most people!) because they have in petite size and also, my new favorite shop - River Island. What do you think?


4. Shoes

Historically, I am a mid-heel to flats kinda girl and I have zero sneakers/ trainers in my collection. BUT today, I have 4 pairs of sneakers/ trainers in white and light pink - I still don't know what is their exact name and I plan to buy one more pair or maybe two. What does that tell you?  Cue for ridiculous impulse purchases!

How can I not since I live in them too especially now (it's winter now! *excuses*) that I have to walk a lot and my flats just can't handle all the walking.

Recently I have added two pair of ankle boots in my collection. I am still thinking of that socks boots from Stradivarius that I can't stop thinking about. And also over-the-knee boots that looks so pretty on those long-legged ladies. Pfft.

----

I'm going to stop this series on winter wardrobe here. I really should stop. Buy less but better. Quality over quantity. I NEED TO KEEP THESE IN MIND.

Thank you for reading my rants.

No comments:

Post a Comment