Wednesday, February 6, 2019

The Skincare Edit

In the past few years, I have been getting hormonal acne around my forehead, cheeks and jawline. Been trying to fix the problem with a lot of different skincare products too. 

Since we came to the UK, this problem have worsen probably because of the water although it seems to have subsided in the past few months. Plus, it's winter season now! 

1. CLEANSER

For my first cleanse, I have been using Clinique Take The Day Off Balm to remove my makeup daily. I also use a towel after I emulsify the cleanser to ensure that I have zero makeup left on my face. And then for my second cleanse, I would use Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel. I have been using this for years! I love the smell and it makes my skin feels hydrated after using it.

Currently I'm trying a new cleanser - Kiehl's Centella Sensitive Facial Cleanser after watching The Anna Edit rave about it in her videos. So I have stopped using Clinique cleansing balm and been using Oskia cleanser as my first cleanse and Kiehl's for my second cleanse.

I also need to mention these two cleansers that I have been using whenever my face feels congested and there's bumps coming out - Garnier SkinActive Daily Exfoliating Scrub Spot & Blackheads and Neutrogena Visibly Clear Spot Proofing Daily wash. I will use either one for my morning cleanser or as second cleanse in my night routine.

2. TONER

I use both hydrating and exfoliating toner - it has been the same for years. I'm using Indie Lee CoQ-10 lotion because of the ingredients - antioxidant, boost skin's from ageing effects, hydrates and soothes dry skin which I need. Basically this is my prevention for ageing skin. I also use Omorovicza Queen of Hungary Mist to refresh my face and when my skin feels tight. 

As for Exfoliating toner, every other day I use Pixi Glow Tonic. I used to use this on daily basis but I learned that I don't need to do it every single day from this article (here). I have been thinking to to try a different toner as I find it not making any difference to my skin. I might try this here once I have finished my current bottle.

3. SERUM

This is definitely my favorite part and where I would use my brain to figure out which serum does my skin need the most. And I should be splurging on these - not on cleansers or toners I supposed.

- Treatment serum
For now, I need to treat my acne blemishes and hyperpigmentation it left behind on my face. And also, few hormonal acne that likes to come out before that time of the month. I need something that will help brighten my skin and lighten the scars. During the day, I'm currently using mixture of The Inkey List Vitamin C with few drops of The Inkey List Hyaluronic Acid. And for my night routine, I'll use few drops of The Ordinary Niacinamide 10% + Zinc 1% which acts similarly to Vitamin C. And sometimes I like to alternate using The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution when there's bumps on my skin and it feels congested.

I have tried Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum and my skin loves it. But I just can't splurge my money on it just yet. And I'd love to try Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum too. These will have to wait until that moment when I'm willing to splurge on them.

- Hydrating serum
This is a MUST in my skincare routine - both day and night routine. During the day, I'll have this mix as mentioned above, Vitamin C + Hyaluronic Acid. For night time, I use generously this serum - Hada Labo Premium Hydrating Lotion that I bought from Amazon. You can read the review (here). I have only been using this for few weeks now and my skin feels dry no more. Before this I also use The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 which I still have backups in case I need to use it again.

4. MOISTURISER




No comments:

Post a Comment