Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Winter Capsule Wardrobe... Part 2



I just got back from another window shopping session. Well, not really. I have few things to do actually. First of all, avo and salmon breakfast at Abasto, Connaught Village. Yumm!
  1. Debenhams - to return boots that I bought for Amni which she doesn't want at all. "I want a pink one instead". Because I bought her navy with glitter at the back of the boots which I thought was really nice.
  2. John Lewis - need to get a swimming top for Iqbal. He's too shy to only wear swimming trunk for his swimming lesson.
  3. Uniqlo - pick up my leggings after alterations. They do it for free here. I've been buying their leggings and heattech innerwear too! 
Ok back to what I'm supposed to do here. I went around at each Department stores - looking for Spring and Summer clothing. However I still find myself to look at knitwear which is not supposed to happen. I believe I have more than enough already. What is enough anyway. There were few knitwears that I was tempted to get but I hold on because I need to do this. I need to figure out how much I already have and do I need more!

2. Knitwear

WOMEN CASHMERE CREW NECK JUMPER
Uniqlo Cashmere Jumper
I first went to Primark for knitwear. I remember back during Uni days that place always have a lot of choices and affordable too. Then, along the way I tend to go to Zara, New Look, Marks and Spencer and my recent favorite, River Island and Uniqlo. My husband loves RI more than I do btw.

Cashmere jumper. I have 3 of them now. The warmest knitwear. This is my "expensive" obsession now. However, I find Uniqlo to be the cheapest than any other shops. Sometimes for the same material composition, it costs more than double. I know, it's the brand but I need to be smart. Same composition but at a lower price, I'M ON IT for more than just one! Although this kind is rather expensive to maintain. "Dry clean only"

WOMEN EXTRA FINE MERINO CREW NECK JUMPER
Uniqlo Crew Neck Extra Fine Merino Wool Jumper
Other than cashmere, wool is also another warmer material during this cold weather. Again, Uniqlo is my favorite place to buy 100% Extra Fine Merino wool jumper. I probably have this one in every possible colour - off white, brown, red, burgundy, blue, purple and coral (which have shrinked. laundry disaster!) This is such a treat especially when it's not so cold but you still want to feel slightly warm. Perfect for Fall and Spring I believe.

The other unnatural material would include acrylic i.e. man-made wool and also polyester which can be warm enough too.


I like to go to H&M for their basic knitwear. Especially because now they have my size XXS or UK4. Of course, I don't wear that for tops except for coat and jacket. I tend to wear a slightly loose top so UK6 and UK8 are still my go-to size. Here is some of my favorites.

H&M Textured Knit Jumper

(I have this in few colours - grey, beige, pink)
and similar one with polo-neck jumper too!
So the big question is, how many do I own? I haven't count BUT I will separate this to two categories - everyday knit for sending/ picking up the kids to/ from school and for going out with friends and to event. The special one which will be part of my capsule and I have invested more. That's fair right?

On to the next one in my next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment