Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Winter Capsule Wardrobe... Part 1

First post. I need help. It's so overwhelming with clothing these days especially now that we live in a four seasons country. With my window shopping habit, it's not helping at all. Since I have so much "free time" that I would just walk to these high street shops carelessly.

So I have been watching How to make a Capsule Wardrobe on YouTube and again, it's overwhelming because 1. most of them do not wear tudong/ hijab/ scarf and 2. I still prefer to separate my clothing from normal everyday wear to special occasion kind of clothing. If before I would have work wear too!

I know that I do not necessarily have to follow instead to adapt the capsule to my own lifestyle. That's when I decided to blog about it because it's been in my mind for the past weeks. I can't see what else I probably need in this colder months, and what else I need to stop purchasing. Primark, H&M.. You're so bad. Can't.help.it.

So here I am writing all of these down hoping that it could help me along the way..

1. Outerwear (Coats and Jackets)

I love this the most especially during Winter season. Thicker outwear to warm our body and looking extra with the outerwear.

Before I make any purchases, I would check the composition of the coat. I made sure that the coat is made of at least 50% wool - which is a warmer material for colder season. And in terms of colour, I will shy away from black. I have one which I sort of regret and I couldn't return it because the time has lapse. So I'm left with CAMEL/BROWN colour and thought if I can get a BLUSH/LIGHT PINK - that would be perfect! And cream and white colour too - it just screams winterrrr!

1. Karen Millen Tailored Coat in Camel £199 from Bicester Village pre-Boxing day
80% virgin wool, 20% polyamide
2. All Saints Indra coat  £156 from their site post-Boxing day (This is the perfect blush colour! YAY!)
85% wool, 15% silk

I love LOVE love these coats!!! It's so warm and probably the price limit I can splurge on. 
Definitely tempted to get those Burberry ones, investment piece but my hometown don't need those! 
It's on the equator btw! For future holidays? I'm hoping these will lasts!


1. River Island padded jacket in Petite £45 (Still retail price in their site). Got this during Boxing day!
2. New Look padded jacket in Petite £40 - got this few months ago.

One is longer than the other. But both in neutral colour.

So far, that's 4 clothing for my capsule. I shall continue with Knitwear and other basics in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment