Tuesday, March 26, 2019

Beta Hydroxy Acid (BHA)

I have been getting breakouts for the last few years and it has been getting worst when we arrived in London. For the past months, I have been doing my research on skincare obsessively.

I can't be thankful enough to have found BHA as it has been helping my acne and skin tremendously. When I started using The Ordinary SA 2% all over my skin, my active acne has definitely subside and the irritation reduced. However at that time, my bottle was already opened for a while and it has changed colour slightly.

So when The Inkey List launched their BHA product, I bought it immediately! This didn't disappoint at all and I love using it. It reduce the irritation overnight and no more bumps. Sometimes I even mix it with Niacinamide or Lactic Acid.

Below is the breakdown of their ingredients. Both are amazing but I think it all comes down to your budget.

The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% Solution 30ml £4.20



Ingredients: 
Aqua (water), Hamamelis Virginiana Leaf water (soothing, antimicrobial/antibacterial), Cocamidopropyl Dimethylamine (emulsifying), Salicylic acid (exfoliant, anti-acne, soothing, preservative), Dimethyl Isosorbide (solvent), Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate (chelating), Citric Acid (exfoliant, buffering), Polysorbate 20 (emulsifying), Hydroxyethyl cellulose (viscosity controlling), Triethanolamine (buffering), Ethoxydiglycol (solvent), Potassium sorbate (preservative), Sodium benzoate (preservative), 1,2-Hexanediol (solvent), Caprylyl Glycol (moisturiser/humectant, emollient)

The Inkey List Beta Hydroxy Acid 30ml £9.99



Ingredients:
Aqua (water), Propanediol (solvent, moisturiser/ humectant), Betaine (moisturiser/humectant), Salicylic acid (exfoliant, anti-acne, soothing, preservative), Sodium Hyaluronate (skin identical ingredient, moisturiser/ humectant), Zinc PCA (anti-acne, moisturiser/humectant), Phenoxyethanol (preservative), Hydroxyethy cellulose (viscosity controlling), Maltodextrin (absorbent/ mattifier), Sodium Hydroxide (buffering), Ethylhexyglycerin (preservative), Biosaccharide Gum-1 (soothing, moisturiser/ humectant), Trisodium Ethylenediamine Dissucinate (chelating)

No comments:

Post a Comment